Pursuing Maximum Recovery For The Injured
Personal injury occurs when someone is harmed by another person, business, government agency or organization. Personal injury law allows the injured party to receive compensation for damages caused by someone else’s negligence, recklessness or intentional acts.
At Engel Law Group, P.C., our injury attorneys will do everything we can to help you resolve your personal injury matter with skill and efficiency. We have been proud advocates for the injured since the 1950s. Our lawyers handle personal injury accident claims for people in Baltimore, the state of Maryland and Washington, D.C. We also handle cases throughout the continental United States.
Turn To Us For Help With Any Kind Of Injury Claim
Cases we handle include:
- Motor vehicle/auto accidents – Car, truck, motorcycle, bus and auto accidents make up a majority of personal injury accidents.
- Medical malpractice – We provide representation to persons injured or harmed by the negligence of health care providers or facilities, attorneys, accountants, stockbrokers and other professionals.
- Products liability – A claim related to a defective product, or a products liability claim, can be brought against a manufacturer, supplier, distributor or seller of the product. We handle actions related to all types of defective products, including defective tools, dangerous medical devices and unsafe machinery.
- Wrongful death – Wrongful death cases arise out of many different types of negligence, such as auto accidents, boating accidents and any other personal injury accidents that unfortunately result in death.
- Slip-and-fall accidents – Slip-and-fall injuries arise from accidents occurring in residential and commercial buildings. The general rule of law is that the owner or operator of the premises has a duty to keep the premises in a reasonably safe condition, or at least warn customers of dangerous conditions that the owner or operator caused, knew about or should have known about.
- Boating accidents – Dangerous incidents can occur on a privately owned boat, a cruise ship, a Jet Ski or a ferry. Injuries usually occur because of a reckless or negligent operator, or a boat malfunction. Engel Law Group, P.C. provides experienced marine and boating accident representation.
- Workers’ compensation – If you have sustained a work-related injury, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim for benefits. At Engel Law Group, P.C., we can help you determine if you have a workers’ compensation claim and whether you are entitled to benefits. We will then help you obtain those benefits.
As you can see, our wide breadth of experience in personal injury law gives us insight into handling both straightforward and highly complex cases.
What Kinds Of Compensation Can You Get For A Personal Injury?
A successful recovery will compensate you for all of the financial ramifications of your injury or loss, including:
- Your medical balls – past, present and future – related to the accident or injury
- Your lost wages – past, present and future – due to missed work as a result of the injury
- Your pain and suffering as a result of the injury
- Your property damage, including auto repairs
Depending on the nature of your case, insurance may cover some of these losses. In other cases, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit to get the full compensation you deserve.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
Negligence is a legal concept that requires proving:
- That someone had a legal duty to act or refrain from acting in a certain way
- They violated that duty
- You were harmed as a result
It’s essential to have strong evidence for each of these elements, since challenges can arise with regard to any of them.
What If You Were Partly At Fault?
Depending on the state, you may still be entitled to compensation even if you were partly at fault for the accident or injury. In Maryland and Washington, D.C., however, you won’t be able to recover anything if you were even the least bit at fault. That’s why it’s so important to enlist an attorney – so you don’t inadvertently give the other side evidence that they can use to claim you were a tiny bit at fault.